friend

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Levitz Furniture


Levitz Furniture


Levitz Furniture is a leading specialty retailer of furniture, bedding and home furnishings in the United States with 78 locations in major metropolitan areas, principally in the Northeast...




Read more...



Latimes.com - Levitz Furniture files for Chapter 11


Home furnishings retailer Levitz Furniture has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in an effort to stay in business despite a lack of cash.

The company's request for reorganization under court protection is part of a strategic effort to evaluate its options, including a possible sale, the privately held company said. It is the third time Levitz has sought court protection in just over 10 years....




Read more...



Abclocal.go.com - Levitz furniture files for bankruptcy


Levitz furniture used to be one of the biggest home furniture retailers in the country. Now it's going through its third bankruptcy in 10 years. What's that mean for you?

We've learned that Levitz is putting everything up for auction Wednesday morning...




Read more...



My3cents.com - Levitz Furniture Corporation Informative


Levitz Furniture, the troubled home furnishings retailer that filed for bankruptcy protection last month, is closing all 76 of its stores nationwide, including two retail outlets and a distribution warehouse in Sacramento.

The New York-based company began a liquidation sale at all its stores Thursday.

The liquidation was launched after a bankruptcy judge last Monday approved the sale of PLVTZ Inc., which does business as Levitz Furniture, to a group of bidders for $57.6 million....




Read more...



My3cents.com -Levitz Furniture Corporation Complaint


I purchased furniture for my home in 2004 from levitz on venice bl. in l.a. I got a buy now pay later deal and now I realize why .

the store service was , of course, great. I ordered my furniture with the belief it would arrive on the date that was promised to me. well, that was the start of my nightmare. the store did not deliver on that certain day and I was told to wait 3 more days. I did. some of my furniture showed up and some was 2-3 months away. let me add that I purchased my furniture in...




Read more...



News10.net-Levitz Furniture Going Out of Business


Levitz Furniture, which has been in business since 1910, is closing all 76 stores nationwide.

The company has 32 stores in California, including two in Sacramento, one each in Stockton and Modesto and eight in the Bay Area.

It is unknown how many employees chainwide are affected by the closings.

The move comes after a bankruptcy court approved the $57.6 million sale of the chain Monday to an investment group....




Read more...



Pr-inside.com-Levitz Furniture Going out of Business Sale Begins Immediately at All Locations


WWW.HILCOTRADING.COM - Hilco Merchant Resources Richard L. Kaye 847-418-2711 rkaye@hilcotrading.com Store closing sales begin immediately at all 76 Levitz Furniture, Inc. stores. Over $165 million of furniture and accessory inventory from famous makers is being liquidated.

Discounts from 20% to 50% are now being offered on all merchandise in all stores. Consumers will be
able to take advantage of important savings on furniture for the living room, dining room, bedroom, kids' room and home office. Additionally, outdoor furniture, lighting, and home entertainment centers will be deeply discounted....




Read more...



Ad-hoc-news.de - Levitz Furniture Going out of Business Sale Begins Immediately at All Locations


Levitz Furniture Going out of Business Sale Begins Immediately at All LocationsCHICAGOIL-HILCO

Store closing sales begin immediately at all 76 Levitz Furniture, Inc. stores. Over $165 million of furniture and accessory inventory from famous makers is being liquidated.
Realtime Aktienkurse

Discounts from 20% to 50% are now being offered on all merchandise in all stores. Consumers will be able to take advantage of important savings on furniture for the living room...




Read more...



Tucson.citysearch.com - User Reviews for Sam Levitz Furniture


Really poor web site
I am grading the web site which is pretty lame for a company of this size. I was looking for a bookcase. There were no listings for bookcases, nor was there a search option to find any. I quess they want you to come into the store. Sorry, but I do as much research as I can before I head out the door because I don't want to waste gas drving all over town for one item. Too bad Levitz!...




Read more...



Pissedconsumer.com - Levitz Furniture complaint: no Merchandise received after a month.


I ordered and paid in full for a Queen mattress set, bed frame and ottoman on 10/7/07 for a promised delivery date of 11/11/07. On 11/4/07, I received an e-mail notifying me that the delivery had been pushed back to 11/29/07. Then it was pushed back to 12/1/07, then 12/8/07 and now is set for 1/6/08.

I have contacted their 800 customer service line repeatedly only to be told to go to the store directly, however when I go to the store....




Read more...



Pissedconsumer.com - Levitz Furniture Co opinions - Furniture & Furnishings


We purchased a matching sofa and chaise, a dining set, a reclining couch, and a set of living room tables. This order was broken up into 3 separate orders with different Delivery dates.

None of the promised delivery dates were met. We have received 2 written notices for the for the sofa and chaise set and 4 written notices for the reclining couch and living room tables...




Read more...